How we look after your data
We always do the right thing, so want to keep your data safe and secure. When using our website and in every communication, this policy will explain how, why, what and where we store and manage your data.
Here at Harvey Water Softeners we understand that privacy is important, so we carefully consider how your personal data is used and shared.
- We only use your data to enhance the experience you have with Harvey Water Softeners.
- We like to keep things simple, so won’t bombard you or confuse you with information you won’t understand.
- We do the right thing, so we’ll protect your data like it’s our own.
- You decide what you want to hear about – we won’t send you any spam.
Please read this notice carefully and ensure you understand all of it. If you do not accept and agree with the way we process your personal data you must let us know, using the contact details below.
What is personal data?
All data that relates to identifying an individual, directly or indirectly. This includes all data you have given to us or that we have collected up to now.
As a data user, you have rights under GDPR and how we use and process your data. The right to:
- be informed about how we collect and use your personal data
- access the personal data we hold on you
- rectify personal data we hold on you
- be forgotten, you have the right to ask us to delete any personal data we hold on you
- restrict how we process your personal data
- obtain a copy of your personal data to re-use with another service or organisation
- object to us using your data for a particular purpose
If you would like to contact us regarding how we process your personal data, please contact us using the details below. We will do our best to solve the problem. If we are unable to help, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK’s supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.
Why we have your data:
- we store your data as, at some point, you showed interest in, have purchased a water softener, applied to create a Dualflo trade account or submitted your information via our recruitment page.
- as you have submitted information via our group of websites, which include; twintec.com, www.minimax.co.uk, www.dualflo.co.uk, www.softenersupplies.com, www.harvey.co.uk and www.harveywatersofteners.co.uk.
What data we collect:
We may collect some or all of the following personal and non-personal data:
- if you have entered information via our website; including information submitted via a webform and/or our recruitment page.
- this data includes any personal data that’s been submitted, including; name, business name, address, telephone number, postcode and email address.
- if we gathered your information via another source, for example by phone, email or our door canvassing team.
More about cookies:
We may use the information we obtain from the cookie in the administration of this website, to improve the website’s usability and for marketing purposes. We may also use that information to recognise your computer when you visit our website, and to personalise our website for you.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. (For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector.) This will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including this one. If you would like to delete all cookies, please follow the instructions on your browser.
What we do with your data:
All personal data is processed and stored securely for no longer than is necessary.
If you entered your postcode on our Minimax website, it is assigned to one of our local authorised dealers, we will pass this information onto them to process. This local authorised dealer will contact you, normally via the mobile number entered, using the information you submitted via the Minimax website.
How we store your data:
We only store your data for as long as we need to and/or as long as you consent for us to do so. We store your data on our internal CRM system that is hosted by Harvey Water Softeners.
Your data is stored as we offer a service and product to you, so it’s there just in case we need it to contact you. We anonymise the personal data we have on you, so we can only access it when you ask us to.
How we secure your data:
We take steps internally to ensure your data is kept safe and secure:
- all Harvey Water Softeners staff are committed to confidentiality
- we anonymise your data by using your personal ID number in all internal communication and on our CRM system (FileMaker)
- for any data that we have for orders made via the phone or direct debit information, we shred periodically to get rid of it
- we ensure resilience of our processing systems and processes in place that help us restore personal data.
Do we share your data?
We do not and will not share any of your data with third party companies beyond the Harvey Water Softeners group. Our Harvey Water Softeners group includes TwinTec, Minimax, Dualflo, Softener Supplies and the Harvey Water Softener brands.
If you entered your postcode on our website, it is assigned to one of our local authorised dealers, we will pass this information onto them to process. This local authorised dealer will contact you, normally via the mobile number entered, using the information you submitted via the Harvey Water Softeners website and its group of websites.
If we need to obtain processing services from any third party, such as the hosting of a CRM platform, we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data will be handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, our obligations, and the obligations of the third party under the law.
In certain circumstances, we may be legally required to share certain data held by us, which may include your Personal Data, for example, where we are involved in legal proceedings, where we are complying with legal requirements, a court order, or a governmental authority.
How can you control your data?
When we collect your Personal Data, you may be given options to restrict our use of your data. In particular, we aim to give you strong controls on our use of your data for marketing purposes (including the ability to opt-out of receiving emails from us which you may do by unsubscribing using the links provided in our emails and at the point of providing your details).
At any time, you can go onto the preference centre on our website to update / delete the data we hold on you.
If you unsubscribe from our email communications, we will delete the email address associated with it. All service agreements will be sent to you via written letter to the address associated with your customer ID.
How can you access your data?
You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your Personal Data held by us (where such data is held). Under the GDPR, no fee is payable and we will provide any and all information in response to your request free of charge. Please contact us for more details at email@example.com, or using the contact details below.
You also have the right to ask us to rectify or erase your data.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by post at Hipley St, Old Woking, Woking GU22 9LQ. Please ensure that your query is clear, particularly if it is a request for information about the data we hold about you.
We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time (for example, if the law changes). Any changes will be immediately posted on our website at www.minimax.co.uk/our-privacy-policy.